Who we are
We are a group of about 50 online learning professionals – learning designers, multimedia pros, edtechs, editors, graphic designers, digital librarians, project managers and student support staff.
We devise, design, develop and support the University of London’s online programmes, in collaboration with our world-class academic partners from around the federation.
The University of London is a world-leader in distance education, with 100+ distance learning programmes, serving some 50,000 students in 190 countries—and dozens of short open courses which have reached more than 2.5 million learners.
We’re in a period of ambitious expansion, with new programmes and courses coming out all the time. We keep trying to push the boundaries of what’s possible in large scale international online distance learning.
What we do
Our work spans:
- development of new ideas, products and partners
- curating and evolving our academic and educational models (from pedagogy to practice)
- innovation, future-gazing and future-making
- design and production of our programmes (from educational design to content production to ed-tech tools and platforms)
- supporting student success on our programmes
- disseminating our work, contributing to the field, scholarship, evidence-informed practice
All our work is guided by the university’s mission to transform peoples’ lives through education.
Get in touch
We’d love to hear from you, either about a new idea for collaboration or simply to share practice.
Sam Brenton, Director of Online Education [for strategy, new partnerships]
Julia Leong-Son, Associate Director, Educational Innovation [new business: programmes and courses]
Jonathon Thomas, Associate Director of Learning Design, Technology and Development [innovations in online learning]